Friday, February 17, 2017

Getting the Band of Hate back together again: Nationalists take to Twitter to start a smear campaign against George Laird standing as an Independent Candidate, is the hate campaign the start of a warm up act for Scottish independence referendum 2, is Nicola Sturgeon worried about not winning the Council?



Dear All

It is the night before Xmas and all was quiet!

Well, there are a few problems with that sentence as you can guess, it is February for a start, and it is never really quiet.

Smearing and hate are the Nationalists stock in trade; they follow the classic pattern of the regressive left….. smear smear smear, hate hate hate!

I was on twitter and I came cross this piece of bullshit which is a continuation of the attempts to brand me homophobic, so I wanted to share it with you as my readers.

First, let’s get the tweet for you to read to set you in the mood, it has since been deleted.

“Butterfly Rebellion liked a Tweet you were mentioned in
6h: Ahhh! My old friend George Laird! http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/…/snp-activist-faces-disciplin… …
http://glasgowunihumanrights.blogspot.co.uk/…/elect-george-… … how ye doing George!? Long time no see! @GeoLaird4Pollokhttps://twitter.com/Butterfly_Reb/status/831568682430128129 …
Butterfly Rebellion”

The first part is the Daily Record story about me, if you wonder how the press got hold of that story, let me set your mind to rest; I walked in and gave it to them.

Hardly the actions of someone homophobic don’t you think?

After I filed complaints about an alleged smear campaign with the SNP Chief Executive Peter Murrell against me, which he ignored, I then found myself facing a complaint by the then National Secretary William Henderson.

Henderson as well as being the complainer was also involved in running the hearing against me and speaking to the ‘judges’ outside the process.

Never believe that the Scottish National Party are the party of equality, fairness and social justice, never believe it is run by kind exceptional people, Nicola Sturgeon and her husband, Peter Murrell are scum.

After I outed this piece of shit William Henderson in the press, he “disappeared” as National Secretary to be replaced by Patrick Grady who is now an MP. It became clear to me fairly quickly I was being cheated out of a fair hearing so I walked away from the SNP.

Here is a letter which I highlight the double standards during the process.
   

One of the key parts of that letter for me was pointing out the double standards between people who are rich and people like me who are poor working class. Read the whole thing but read this bit to show you what I mean.

“SNP MP Dr. Whiteford claimed she was threatened at Westminster and received the backing of the First Minister Alex Salmond and the SNP within hours of making an unsubstantiated complaint with no witnesses and George Laird after 8 months is still waiting for SNP ‘justice’”.

Whiteford gets help immediately within a few hours and I get none in 8 months, after I contacted the senior SNP leadership.

The second part of the tweet is my post which contains my rather catchy election video, I am standing for Councillor in the 2017 Glasgow City Council Elections, so that lets you know that this tweet is designed to send a message, don’t vote for George Laird because he is homophobic.

If you read the 2012 post in full, then take the time to read the 2015 post, what do you see?

Names that appear in one post appear in another, with an added addition of one of them getting a criminal conviction.


Elected SNP MP Natalie McGarry also played a part in this tale but due to Tommy Ball pleading guilty, McGarry wasn’t named in open court. Since then McGarry’s career has taken a turn for the worst.


The third part of the tweet is a WTF moment; it has nothing to do with me, why that appears is a mystery but perhaps it was added in for general ‘effect’.

If I was homophobic, I would have no problem saying it openly because I wouldn't give a toss who knew.

I am signed up to change.org where I get petitions on all manner of things which are an injustice; some of the campaigns I am asked to support are LGBT campaigns. I found some time ago that change.org keeps a record of which campaigns I have supported in the past, right from the start when I first joined it.

Some of those campaigns concern LGBT people were an injustice occurred, again, is this the actions of a homophobe?

Several LGBT politicians such as Ruth Davidson and Annie Well follow me on Twitter, would they if they thought I was a homophobe?

At the Jo Cox vigil in Glasgow, one of the few people I spoke to on the night was Annie Wells of the LGBT community, is this the actions of a homophobe?

I also follow Milo Yiannopoulos on youtube, the LGBT activist and presenter, LGBT presenter David Rubin of the Rubin Report, again the actions of a homophobe?

It seems the smearing season is starting early this year before the official gun has been fired in the Glasgow City Council election, against me by the Nationalist community.

They say that if there is a second Scottish independence referendum it will be a thoroughly nasty affair, it seems that the Nationalists are using the 2017 Council Elections as a ‘warm up’.

The idea of a poor working class guy like me getting elected so angers the rich middle class Nationalists that they would stop at nothing to smear me.

Finally, to those in the SNP like Nicola Sturgeon who maybe deeply upset about a commentator like me standing for public office, I am reminded of the words by Milo Yiannopoulos:

"quite frankly madam fuck your feelings".

Yours sincerely

George Laird
The Campaign for Human Rights at Glasgow University

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Butterfly Rebellion operates out of Dublin, so no prizes for guessing their affiliations.

The fact that you are drawing this kind of attention is a back handed compliment from the SNP.

Nil Carborandum Est!

Anonymous said...

SNP are scum, just like Labour.

D Stewart. said...

They are rattled Mr Laird, that is the only explanation. Rattled and their internal polling is not going the way they would like.

Anonymous said...

SNP=IRA

THE INVISIBLE MAN said...

Scum, garbage, these pricks are scared of you, George. So I have three words for you.

Give.
Em.
Hell.

SNP out said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
G Laird said...

Dear Unknown

Well done for standing, if you need any campaigning advice then let me know.

George